Thursday, May 7, 2009

Muay Thai

Everyone does sports. Football, Handegg (I think Americans call this football too, but you know Americans, they can't even spell colour right), BASE-jumping.

I do Muay Thai. Because I like to kick things until my feet are so sore and my veins so popped I can't walk.
A gym so badass they just said Phuket

As Martial arts go, Muay Thai is surprisingly straight forward and focused, concerned mainly in viciously beating the living soul out of your opponents with 8 "limbs," the fists, legs, knees and elbows.
Hurts about as much as you'd expect

As you can see, the average practitioner of the sport is about 5"4, Asian, possibly working dressed as a girl in the evening, and completely able to kick your sorry "Karate" trained butt in a matter of seconds. Which should really make you feel ashamed of getting beaten up by a 15 year old she-boy.

Earnestly speaking, I obviously cannot come near the skill the Thai have, being trained in America, mostly because there are laws against... Um... "training" methods they use there here in the U.S. Also because I haven't been doing it since I'm 2 years old. However, the sport is really a load of fun and I enjoy it. Some people compare it to Sanda, which is Chinese Kickboxing. There are many similarities, however Sanda does not allow to elbow and knee attacks, mostly because Chinese people are wusses (Oooo fake communist government. HA! Wussies)

No comments:

Post a Comment