Thursday, April 2, 2009

Busy Busy...

In life, there are moments a man must take action to change, fix, or shape the world around him. Sadly most fail miserably at it, or, at least disappoint some previously placed standards he must meet according to society. However, going through these processes may also change things positively.

You might be wondering why I'm telling you, the reader,(and i feel it is important to point out you're the reader, you know, in case you didn't know) this. I am in a weird crossroads in my life. Work and School are converging, as well as personal business and, in an ironic twist of events, lately, the government. This has cut down on my time considerably this school year. Thankfully I had predicted this last year, saving me much trouble. I did not pick any honors or AP classes for my Junior year because I knew beforehand just how tumultuous this year would be. I had not realized how much, however.

Thankfully, by the end of spring break all of this is going to be over with, and I will have my free time restored. I personally believe a human being deserves a minimum amount of leisure every day, or at the least every week, he should meet. Currently, I'm behind schedule.

This is all due to the latest happenings in my life. It is odd to think my mom might be moving next year, and that I might finally be living alone, or with a friend. It would be, had this not been the case for most of the year, in a way. Before today, I had not seen my mother in nearly two weeks. I did occasionally meet my brother coming into the house or leaving, but that was about it. Now, I will have more free time. This is due to me doing all I need to for the move early on, opening savings and checking accounts, getting all of my papers in order, registering the car, purchasing several things (not going to list them), and ironically being called for jury duty, which is surprising to me because I thought you had to be a permanent resident (which I am not). Thankfully I was dismissed after 2 days. With this also comes the fact that I will have far more time to actually work on school next year, which is a first in nearly 5 years (since I got to the U.S.A).

I am taking 3 AP classes next year. This requires me to look for another machine to do my work with, because, incredibly, the desktop I have is not managing the already large load of work and use I have put it through this year. That being said, a Netbook (which is a small laptop kind of computer) will also benefit me because it is much more portable. In fact, it is, by all definitions, what portable was meant to be. It has a 10 inch screen, 120GB of HD space, 3 USB entrances, and a Webcam. This allows me to work as well as do schoolwork on this computer from anywhere (assuming I own an internet card, such as the ones Verizon offers). It is also beneficial in case of sudden inspiration bolts I occasionally get, ending the need for my black-book, where I take down all of my ideas.

All in all I am anxious but nervous about next year. I'm not sure why I'd even reveal this massive ammount of personal information on a place as public as the internet, but personally, I do not care. I wish you all luck on your seniour year, and hopefully I'll have some my self...

No comments:

Post a Comment